About 100 cars were in the pits for Ripple’s auto body open wheel extravaganza at Macon Speedway last Saturday night. Joining the POWRi Lucas Oil National midgets were Ford Tough Mova Sprint cars built to top-notch doubleheaders. Three other classes also raced.
“The Deuminator” Zack Daum took all 25 laps at the Mova Sprint Car Feature on Saturday night. The driver from Pocahontas, IL, made quick work of the 18-car division and quickly and often resisted the challenge of Slater Helt and Paul Nienheiser. It was the third win by Daum at Macon Speedway in the MOWA series, the most by any MOWA driver.
The Cannon Macintosh came to life in the middle of the race and made a pass for the lead for his second consecutive feature win over the Powry Midgets at Macon Speedway. New Zealand racer Michael Pickens finished second.
In the POWRi micro sprint series, Macon Speedway regular Darin Stark flew to the top of the track to surpass Jeremy Camp and win the second half of the 20-lap race. Stark, a former track champion and one-time feature winner in 2022, came through the entire race from above and ended up grabbing the checkered flag at the finish line.
Taylorville, IL driver, Braden Johnson, who had won two of the previous three features on the track, took the lead on lap one from his second starting position. Behind him, was the battle of the Aller brothers, Colby and Curtis. As the two passed for the second, Johnson was withdrawing from the front. In the checkered, Johnson took his fourth feature win after Colby Aller, Ryan Blair, Derek Smith and Curtis Aller.
Springfield, IL veteran, Guy Taylor continued to dominate the DirtCar Pro Mod division, leading every lap on the way to his eighth feature win of the season. When he checked out, the second action from behind was exciting, with Dean Holt, Austin Seats, BJ Deal and others mixing it up. Taylor was followed by Seitz, Deal, Adam Rhodes and Zach Taylor in Checker.
Next up for Macon Speedway is the Diane Bennett Memorial on Saturday, August 6. More than $11,000 has already been collected and added to wallets for the six divisions in action. Decatur Building trades Big 10 Pro Late Models, BillingsleyRewards.com Modifieds, DirtCar Pro Mods, 51 Bistro Big 10 Street Stocks, DiRTCar Hornets, and HART Non-Wing Micro will be in the works.
For more information visit www.maconracing.com.
Built Ford Tough MOWA Sprint Cars
- 31-Zack Daum[Pocahontas, IL], 2.22S-Slater Helt[Harrisonville, MO], 3. 44-Corey Bruns[Lincoln, IL], 4. 71-Brent Crew[Denver, NC], 5. 79J-Jacob Patton[Bethalto, IL], 6. 6R-Ryan Distribution[Morton, IL], 7. 7A-Will Armitage[Athens, IL], 8. 42-Preston Perlmutter[San Antonio, TX], 9. 9X-Paul Nienheiser[Chapin, IL], 10. 10S-Jeremy Standridge[Springfield, IL]
Poverty Lucas Oil National Midget League
- 08-Cannon Macintosh[Bixby, OK], 2. 84-Z Avedician[Clovis, CA], 3. 17-Michael Pickens[Auckland, NZ], 4. 26-Chance Crum[Snohomish, WA], 5. 01-Bryant Wiedemann[Colby, KS], 6. 97-Brainham Crouch[Lubbock TX], 7. 21K-Carter Sarf[Mason City, IL], 8. 84X-Jesse Love[Redwood City, CA], 9. 71K-Dominic Gordon[Clovis, CA], 10. 25K-Taylor Reamer[Tulsa, OK]
POWRi Angler Machine and Tool by Micro Bailey Chassis
- 55S-Darrin Stark[Springfield, IL], 2. 23X-Jeremy Camp[Sullivan, IL], 3. 65E-Chad Elliot[Cottage Hills, IL], 4. 72-Zack Daum[Pocahontas, IL], 5. 55H-Hayden Harvey[Warrensburg, IL], 6. B8-John Bernard[Sherman, IL], 7. 8W-Brenna Wirth[Waterloo, IL], 8. 84-Carson Headey[Desloge, MO], 9. 21-Arik Andruskevich[Riverton, IL], 10. 83-Jeff Beasley[Urbana, IL]
Decatur building Trades Pro Late Model
- 14J-Braden Johnson[Taylorville, IL], 2. 10C-Colby Aller[Taylorville, IL], 3. 10CE-Ryan Blair[Edinburg, IL], 4. 14-Derek Smith[Decatur, IL], 5. T22-Curtis Aller[Taylorville, IL], 6. 7Z-Michael Mesta[Lincoln, IL], 7. (DNF)64-Donnie Koehler[Macon, IL], 8. (DNF) 11-Ryan Miller[Lincoln, IL], 9. (dnf) 9b-Brandon Miller[Broadwell, IL], 10. (DNF) 33-Bill Berghaus[Chapin, IL]
DIRTcar Pro Mode
1. 4T-Cow Taylor[Springfield, IL], 2. 67-Austin Sets[Brighton, IL], 3. 3W-BJ Deal[Brownstown, IL], 4. 10-Adam Rhodes[Clinton, IL], 5. 24Z-Zach Taylor[Springfield, IL], 6. 15C-Kevin Crowder[Argenta, IL], 7. 7-Christian Lee[Sorento, IL], 8. 12-Dean Holt[Decatur, IL], 9. 6-Billy Adams[Shelbyville, IL], 10. (DNF) 78-MAX Emerson[Taylorville, IL]
Macon Speedway PR