Bugatti unveils new logo as it shifts gears to become a luxury brand

Made famous by its record-setting hypercars, Bugatti is looking to broaden its appeal by tackling the next luxury market.


Hypercar maker Bugatti plans to switch from record-setting hypercars to super-expensive luxury electric vehicles.

Less than a year after Croatian electric maker Rimac bought a 55 percent stake in Bugatti – the remaining 45 percent is held by Porsche – the French brand has announced plans to offer more multi-million dollar road cars.

Bugatti is best known for its 400 km/h-plus Veyron and Chiron quad-turbo W16 machines, but is transitioning to electric power to future-proof.



The title of its new corporate identity is a simplified “EB” logo – the initials of the company’s founder, Ettore Bugatti.

However, the new logo will not be used on its vehicles.

Instead the new badge will appear on the company’s new etore magazines, showrooms and other corporate facilities such as the Molsheim factory in France.



“We haven’t just created a new look and feel,” Hendrik Malinowski, managing director of sales and marketing, said in a media statement.

“We analyzed where we came from, deeply referencing the historical relationship we had when re-establishing the brand and Veyron in the 2000s.

“We evaluated, how the Chiron changed the position and brand appeal of Bugatti, how the world changed during the past 10 years.

See also  Business News Live Today: Latest Business News, Stock Market News, Economy & Finance News


“Don’t forget, at the time the Veyron came out, the iPhone didn’t exist.

“Technically we are on the right track to take the brand forward: with bold moves that will keep us ahead of the game.”

Bugatti Rimac CEO Mate Rimac says they haven’t ruled out retaining the petrol engine of the Chiron’s successor, despite a focus on electric cars.



“I don’t want to talk much about future plans right now, but I can tell you that you will be amazed. You will be especially amazed by the features that have not yet been seen in any other car, and so will I. Pushing for a combustion engine.”

While the Chiron replacement is likely to be a petrol-hybrid, Bugatti will become a zero-emissions carmaker in the future, abandoning its iconic petrol-powered hypercar in favor of fully electric vehicles.



Bugatti’s current model line-up includes the Chiron Super Sport, Centodissi and Bolide – all of which are sold out, with production continuing until existing orders are fulfilled.

Jordan Mulach

Jordan Mulach was born in Canberra/Ngunaval, currently residing in Brisbane/Turrabal. Joining the Drive team in 2022, Jordan has previously worked for Auto Action, MotorsportM8, The Supercars Collective and TouringCarTimes, Whatcar, Wheels, Motor and Street Machine. Jordan is a self-described iRacing addict and can be found swearing on the weekends either behind the wheel of his Octavia RS or in his ZH Fairlane.

Read more about Jordan Mulach link icon